What Can we help you with?
95% of the questions we get asked on a daily basis are answered below.
Commonly asked FAQS
There are 2 ways you can easily find out the shipping and / or tracking status of your order - by 1) using the link within the shipping confirmation email automatically sent to you and 2) by logging in to your Tactical Link account. If you provided your correct email address when submitting your order you would have received a sales receipt email and a shipping confirmation email with package tracking information; both emails are generated automatically. Understandably, you will not receive these emails if they were caught by your spam filter, blocked by your provider (Comcast is notorious for doing this), or if you did not provide a valid email address when submitting your order; but you can still obtain tracking information by logging into your account. To do this, log in to your account >> track your recent orders >> select "view details" for the applicable order >> click on the tracking number to view the current tracking status. Please do not contact Tactical Link asking us to provide you with the tracking status of your order because, after we have shipped your order using the carrier and the shipping method you selected during checkout, we are unable to obtain any information that is different than that which you can obtain yourself using the tools described above and subsequently we will not respond to inquiries of this nature not because we are jerks but because we simply do not have the manpower to constantly answer inquiries that you can answer yourself. Some orders may require a signature to receive the package.
Please note that the USPS online package tracking system is very limited and may not show the progress of the shipment until delivered. The USPS online package tracking system has a history of displaying inaccurate information, even stating that a package has been delivered when clearly it has not been delivered. In instances like this, the package is typically delivered soon thereafter. The best thing to do is to be patient with the USPS because after all it is run by the US Government. Even if nothing is updated in USPS's tracking system, the package is on its way to you. Please do not contact Tactical Link to inquire about the tracking status of your order because if we have shipped your order then we know nothing more than what is obtained by tracking your package online (explained above). For more information than you can obtain by tracking your package online, we encourage you to contact the USPS Customer Service Department at 800-275-8777.
In multiple locations on this site, even on the final checkout page, we discourage selecting the United States Postal Service for reasons that are well known. Therefore, if your package is in the hands of the USPS and is late or its location is unknown please do not contact Tactical Link asking us to provide you with the tracking status of your order and/or blame us for the deplorable service you receive from the United States Postal Service. If you chose the USPS for your order's carrier then do not be surprised if you receive terribly inefficient delivery service with inaccurate tracking information. If you chose a premium carrier (i.e. FedEx or UPS) to deliver your order then you can expect and demand efficient delivery service with transparent and accurate tracking. Certainly we are not telling you something that you do not already know, but like the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and good service is never the cheapest.
Yes, we do have a reseller program. To become a dealer or a distributor is super easy and you will see that we are serious about supporting our growing network of resellers. To get setup, please use the
Commonly asked Terms/Conditions
- Any and all merchandise being returned must be in its unopened original packaging and in new condition.
- Any and all merchandise being returned must be accompanied by the packing slip and all the original packaging.
- The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) request must be made within 30 days of your order.
If you did not create an account (as recommended) when placing your order, or if you used an alternative payment method (which circumvents the account creation process and causes orders processed with such alternative payment methods to be absent from your account's order history) to pay for your order, you will need to
In most instances, returned merchandise is refunded unless you are returning a product for the exact same product (but in a different version/color) with the exact same price. In other words, we do not apply returned merchandise toward the purchase/exchange of different product(s) or differently priced products.
All merchandise offered by Tactical Link is sold in new condition and is under warranty unless otherwise stated in the product description. You must notify Tactical Link within seven days after receiving your order if you receive a product that you feel is defective or not new. Tactical Link will, at our discretion, replace it or provide a full refund for the product if returned within 30 days of the original order.
Tactical Link is not responsible for any expense(s) to return merchandise to Tactical Link unless the reason for return is the fault of Tactical Link's order processing where Tactical Link has clearly communicated acceptance of responsibility in writing. A 15% restocking fee is deducted from the applicable refund for any open products returned or cancelled special orders. Once your order has shipped, any and all fees or expenses related to shipping (including any and all fees Tactical Link incurred to return the package(s) to Tactical Link), processing, handling, and insurance are not refundable for any reason, even if you refused the package(s), did not accept the package(s), or take possession of the package(s). Furthermore, any and all such fees or expenses incurred by Tactical Link for the return of your order(s) for any reason (including but not limited to the order being refused, the order was not accepted (for any reason), the wrong shipping address was provided to Tactical Link during order placement, etc.) will be deducted from the applicable refund. Only the product purchase price will be refunded less any applicable fees (aforementioned) and/or restocking fee(s).
We are shooters just like you and want to receive the item(s) we order as soon as possible, which is why we pack your order(s) so quickly; in most cases on the same business day, but sometimes we need an additional one to two business days depending upon the time of day we received your order, the size of your order, and the size of the shipping queue preceding your order. Please consider this when selecting your desired shipping option(s). Orders are processed in the sequence in which we receive them. For clarification, just because you select a "next day" delivery service does not mean that your order goes to the front of the fulfillment queue. It means that we will fulfill your order in the normal fashion and in the sequence in which we received it and then ship it with your selected delivery service.
Unless the item is marked as free shipping, there is, and will be, a minimum shipping fee for your order regardless of how small the item (and/or shipping package) may be. For instance, the shipping fee to ship one magazine is nearly the same cost to ship multiple magazines due to the scaled economics offered by shipping carriers. Please be aware that when and where possible we have optimized our shipping methods to save you both time and money.
Tactical Link utilizes common shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Tactical Link, at its own discretion, may elect (based on size, contents and value of the product(s) being shipped) to ship your order with a premium carrier (i.e. FedEx or UPS) at no additional charge to you of course. Please keep in mind that, in most instances, most orders are processed automatically and fulfilled immediately; and for this reason order changes may not possible after your order has been submitted.
With delivery delays possible due to inclement weather, holidays, and a myriad of other circumstances beyond our control, we can not and do not guarantee when an order will arrive; that is more the responsibility of the shipping carrier and the shipping service you select during checkout. We can only promise to fulfill your order in a reasonable time using the shipping service you selected at checkout. Therefore, we encourage you to order in a timely fashion to avoid possible delays. Also, please consider any shipping or transit time(s) offered to you by this site or other parties as an estimate. Saturday delivery is presently not an option with FedEx and UPS; however, it is currently still offered by the USPS.
Tracking numbers are provided automatically via a auto-generated shipping confirmation emails on all orders when a shipping label is created. Keep in mind there may be a delay between the creation of a shipping label and when the package is actually tendered to the shipping courier, which may or may not be the same day. Please make sure you provide us with an accurate email address when submitting your order(s). If you do not provide a valid email address with your order you will not receive automated tracking information.
Note that the USPS online tracking system is often times terribly inaccurate and may not show the progress of your order until delivered. The USPS online package tracking system has a history of displaying inaccurate information, even stating that a package has been delivered when clearly it has not. In instances like this, the package is typically delivered with a few business days. The best thing to do in such cases is to be patient with the USPS because after all it is run by the US Government. Even if nothing is updated in USPS's tracking system, the package is usually in transit. Please please please do not contact Tactical Link to inquire about the tracking status of your order without first checking the status yourself, either from within your account or with the tracking information sent to you via email (explained above), because if we have shipped your order we know nothing more than you. For more detailed information about your package’s shipping status, we encourage you to contact the carrier you chose during checkout.
Please note that we provide you the opportunity to distinguish your shipping address as a residential or a commercial address. There is a surcharge for residential addresses assessed by most couriers (not Tactical Link). If you fail to make this distinction, the courier's shipping API (online tool for determining accurate shipping rates) may possibly presume your shipping address to be residential, and assess a residential surcharge for delivery of your order.
Please be aware that, by default, we ship "complete" orders, meaning that we will ship your order containing all the items you ordered and, if avoidable, we will not ship partial orders. Please keep this in mind when ordering items that are on pre-order or backorder as we ship complete orders. If you wish to order in-stock items plus an item that is on pre-order/backorder, we suggest that you place separate orders - combining all the in-stock items into one order and the pre-order/backorder item(s) into a separate order. This slightly increases the overall shipping cost but enables you to receive the items that are in stock in advance of the pre-order/backorder items without unnecessary delay.
In an attempt to decrease instances of fraud (for you and for us), we do not ship orders to any address other than the confirmed and verified billing address on record with your credit card company. Occasional exceptions to this policy may be granted, but must be worked out before the order is placed. Please email us ([email protected]) to request such a shipping address exception. For more detailed information please see the Credit Cards section above.
Regardless of the shipping carrier used, a signature is sometimes required to receive orders of high value to minimize the possibility of theft or a "lost order" and to increase customer satisfaction (you would be a lot more dissatisfied if your order were lost or stolen). Delivery to apartments are high risk for theft/loss, and thus, for the same reasons stated above, may require a signature to receive your order. If a signature is not attained upon delivery, you may still be able to collect your parcel from the carrier with valid personal identification. To prevent lost shipments in the first place, we encourage you to utilize the most reliable shipping carrier possible (which is never the US Postal Service), and/or opt for delivery to be made to a location where someone can sign for your package if you are unable. Please be aware that UPS can not deliver to a USPS PO box.
If your package is lost due to a mistake from Tactical Link, at our discretion, we will replace the lost parts or provide a full refund for the merchandise lost. Many shipping carriers consider a package as “lost” 20 days after date of shipment for domestic shipments and 30 days after date of shipment for international shipments, and subsequently these are the guidelines that we must follow before issuing a refund or a replacement. There may be forms that you need to complete to file a claim with our shipping insurance carrier. Furthermore, Tactical Link, at its own discretion, may defer any shipping insurance refund directly to you. Packages being shipped via FedEx and UPS can not be delivered to PO boxes. International shipping rates displayed on this site are shipping rates only and do not include duties or taxes, nor does Tactical Link pay those duties or taxes on your behalf.
Please understand that not all brands provide us with sufficient pricing to be able to offer discounts for their products. Subsequently, some discount codes may not be applied to these brands' products in our store. Most discount codes have a hard-coded set of parameters that need to be satisfied before the discount code will activate. If a particular discount code is not activating then at least one (or more) of its parameters are simply not being met.
Tactical Link can not be held liable for discount codes that some discount code websites fictitiously create; these frustrate us just as much as they frustrate you. The use of a discount code constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Only after you have identified a local FFL holder that is willing to receive the ATF-regulated item(s) you purchase from us and will complete the transfer to you working with the detailed instructions below:
1. You can then place your order with us online.
2. After successfully placing your order with us online you will then provide your local FFL holder with your Tactical Link order number (provided to you at order completion via email) and request that your local FFL holder email to us ([email protected]) a signed, current, and valid copy of their signed Federal Firearms License. This must be done for every transaction or purchase of an ATF-regulated item, even if you have previously purchased ATF-regulated item(s) from us. Please note, we will not call your local FFL holder (nor fax/email your local FFL holder) to request a copy of their FFL, and we will not send your local FFL any of our FFL information prior to a purchase. Please request that your local preferred FFL holder include your name and your order number when they email us a copy of their signed FFL so we may ship your order in a timely manner. Failure to receive a copy of your preferred local FFL holder's Federal Firearms License within three (3) business days (of order placed) may result in a cancellation of your order.
After we have received a signed, current, and valid copy of your preferred local FFL holder's Federal Firearms License we will ship the lower receiver (or firearm) only to the address stipulated on your preferred local FFL holder's Federal Firearms License. Once your preferred local FFL holder receives the item(s) you purchased from Tactical Link, you will then fill out the necessary paperwork with your preferred local FFL holder to complete the transfer and take possession of your lower receiver (or firearm). The ATF has a simple but strict set of rules and procedures that must be followed for all FFL transfers. If you are unwilling or unable to adhere to these procedures then we cordially and respectfully request that you do not purchase any ATF-regulated items (such as a lower receiver or a firearm) from us. However, your full compliance and cooperation with these ATF guidelines will ensure that our full product line of AFT-regulated items is available to you.
Please note that when fulfilling your order for an ATF-regulated item, we will not search through our inventory, for any reason, to find a specific serial number to ship to you. Likewise, we will not comply, for any reason, with requests to avoid fulfilling your order with certain serial number(s). Additionally, please be aware that we ship entire / complete orders. For example, if you submit one order containing a non ATF-regulated item (such as a pistol grip) and an ATF-regulated item (such as a lower receiver) we will ship ALL items contained within that order to your preferred local FFL holder. Many FFL holders do not like this and for this reason we encourage you to submit separate orders for ATF-regulated items and non ATF-regulated items. Please be aware there is a nonrefundable $20 order cancellation fee for FFL orders that are cancelled or not completed for any or no reason.
Despite our best efforts to avoid them, we do, occasionally, make mistakes. We are human. Please know that a mistake upsets us just as much if not more than it upsets you because 1) of how hard we try to get things correct 100% of the time and 2) we know that mistakes don't make clients happy, and, of course, we want our clients to be happy with us because we know that only happy clients come back. So, if we have made a mistake and you need our customer support personnel to make things right for you, we respectfully ask that you notify us in a manner that is courteous and professional. In other words, do not act like a jerk and then expect us to treat you like a VIP. We are so much more willing to assist those who treat us nicely.
As a consumer, you are free to do business with the vendor of your choice just as Tactical Link also has the right to unilaterally choose not to do business with a client at any time, for any or no reason. Please be aware that as a business, Tactical Link must make reasonable attempts (such as banning a client's account, asking a client to not come back, etc.) to shield or protect our staff from getting burnt out and beat up as a result of interacting and communicating with rude clients. We thoroughly enjoy working with our clients but nobody enjoys working with rude clients. This unilateral policy does not solicit your agreement or consent, and no one from Tactical Link is required to seek your agreement or consent to this policy.
Our small but very efficient office staff have a laser-like focus on fulfilling your orders faster than any other online reseller. This business model requires us to be very task-oriented, deliberate and intentional with our actions and determines what we are able to do, and not able to do, for our clients. Keep in mind, in order to fulfill our clients' orders faster than any other online reseller we give up the gift of Nordstrom-level customer service. We have never claimed that we have great customer service. We only offer to fulfill your order faster than any other online reseller with fair pricing. Below is a list of client services we are unable to provide along with an explanation:
We do not list a phone number on our site because we have a small and limited staff, each of which is critical and integral in fulfilling your orders. The more we are on the phones the more we are unable to fulfill your order(s). Understandably, some prospective clients may not like this policy but the overwhelming majority of our clients enjoy the benefit of this policy - receiving their merchandise without delay. For those that need to contact us, we have a Contact Us portal on our website. The link for the Contact Us portal can be found in the footer of any of our website pages.
We do not take orders over phone because:
- Our website is much more efficient at taking orders with the ability to receive orders from multiple sources simultaneously, whereas a phone order takes much more time and temporarily reduces our staff's capacity to fulfill orders.
- Over the phone, we are much more likely to enter incorrect data that is critical to fulfilling an order successfully, such as a billing/shipping address. Our website actually decreases errors while increasing order fulfillment efficiency.
- Our website is much more secure utilizing the most up to date security measures.
- Doing so decreases our staff's capacity to respond to our clients' individual needs.
We do not assist those who are unable to successfully submit an order through our website while others are able to successfully submit orders through our website because:
- We have provided all possible sources of resolution on our FAQ page.
- Even if we did attempt to place your order for you, inputting the same information you are inputting into our own website, we will get the same results as you have gotten. If you are having problems successfully submitting an order on our site, please do not contact us asking for our assistance. Instead, please review the very helpful and comprehensive information pertaining to this matter that we have placed on our FAQ page for you.
We generally do not respond to inquiries asking us to track your package for you or answer questions about the whereabouts of your package because if we have shipped your order then we know nothing more than what you can obtain by tracking your package online or by calling your chosen carrier. If you did not receive a shipping confirmation email (sent automatically by our web server when your order ships) that also contains your tracking number, please do not contact us asking for our assistance. Instead, review the very helpful and comprehensive information pertaining to this matter that we have placed on our FAQ page for you. Understandably, some prospective clients may not like this policy but the overwhelming majority of our clients enjoy the benefit of this policy - receiving their merchandise without delay.
We do not retroactively apply discount codes to orders that have already been placed because we simply do not have the time. Understandably, some prospective clients may not like this policy but the overwhelming majority of our clients enjoy the benefit of this policy - receiving their merchandise without delay. For more information pertaining to this matter please see the appropriate section of our Terms & Conditions page.
Generally, we will not "compensate" you for a mistake that we may have made. Occasionally, when we feel it is necessary to do so, we do compensate our clients to make up for a mistake we may have made; but, as a matter of principal, we never compensate those who demand it from us, regardless of how much potential business is lost or threatened. Understandably, some prospective clients may not like this policy.
We typically are not able to modify / cancel an order after it has been received and processed for fulfillment because fulfillment begins automatically and immediately. Our order fulfillment staff do not wait for you to contact us to modify / cancel an order after an order is received. We act on orders immediately. Once you submit an order to us we work under the presumption that you have ordered what you want and that you want us to ship your order as soon as humanly possible. Furthermore, in many instances, by the time we see / read your message requesting an order modification / cancellation, your order has already been packed and handed off to the carrier. Additionally, if you have received a shipping confirmation email then, obviously, it is not possible to modify an order due to the fact that your order has already shipped. Understandably, some prospective clients may not like this policy but the overwhelming majority of our clients enjoy the benefit of this policy - receiving their merchandise without delay.
We place the above information on our site as a means of disclosing the client services we are unable to provide in a preemptive attempt to help calibrate your expectations as a prospective client and to create a realistic and a positive user experience for you as a Tactical Link client - because after all, we want you to be a happy client. Below is a list of client services we provide our clients to make our clients happy clients:
- Automated order fulfillment processes means you get your orders as fast as humanly possible. We, at Tactical Link, are shooting enthusiasts too, and like you, we want super-fast order processing and order fulfillment times. For this reason we have invested in customized software and specialized processes that enable us to provide our clients with unparalleled customer satisfaction. We receive several messages per day from our clients amazed at how fast we have processed their order(s).
- Free swag is included with all qualifying orders when we have swag. For instance, when you order a product from brand X, we typically include some kind of swag that brand X has provided us to include with your order. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- Automatic order confirmation emails. When you successfully place an order with us you will automatically receive an order confirmation email / receipt showing the item(s) purchased, the price you paid, your billing / shipping address, etc. This information can also be found within your account which is one more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- Automatic order confirmation emails. When we ship your order you will automatically receive a shipping confirmation email showing the item(s) being shipped, the related tracking number, the shipping carrier, and delivery service. This information can also be found within your account which is one more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- Like the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and the good stuff is never cheap. We learned a long time ago that you never stop paying for cheap, which is why we carry only top-shelf products from reliable, top-shelf companies and offer them to you with great pricing and fast shipping. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- We provide you the best pricing possible. We typically use the minimum advertising price that is dictated to us by the manufacturer. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- Discount codes. We have a few discount codes that we provide to our clients as a means of thanking them for their business. Who doesn't enjoy saving some money?
- We offer special pricing to actively-serving law enforcement and military personnel. Please see the FAQ page for more information pertaining to this matter. The link can be found in the footer of any of our website pages.
- We encourage our clients to share their thoughts about the products they've purchased with product reviews. We want to receive product feedback about the products we sell because if the products are not meeting our clients' needs then we will discontinue selling that product. We want to carry only top-shelf products from reliable, top-shelf companies. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- More choices. Near the bottom of each product details page we display other items that you might also be interested in checking out. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- We provide information on our website about our terms and conditions and our policies, demonstrating that our policies and procedures are clear and transparent. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.
- We offer a comprehensive FAQ page as a resource to you to help answer the most common questions we receive.
- We have invested a lot of time and money into our website in an attempt to make it easy to use and to provide you with an enjoyable user experience.
- We use large quality photographs and videos to show as much product detail as possible to help you feel more comfortable about the product you are considering for purchase.
- Wish list. We provide you the ability to add products to your wish list for later purchase or for organizing a future build. One more reason people enjoy ordering from Tactical Link.